| Frankie, on our ride Christmas Day. |
| Betsy enjoying the snow |
I had a wonderful, relaxing winter break; home for the holidays. I very much enjoyed quoting familiar movies with Colleen and sharing famous homemade movies with new friends. We really were talented, well, at least creative. If Youtube existed at the time we were filming fully choreographed dances to Savage Garden songs, I think we may have been famous by now. We spent hours in our basement putting together plays and shows and dances, and they make for great home entertainment when you have nothing better to do. Speaking of entertainment, our Christmas Mass was definitely not entertaining. The organist did not show up and therefore the cantor had to sing a capella, which takes guts, but was a little disappointing. Then, the priest happened to be someone I don’t particularly like to listen to, so I had to find Christmas joy elsewhere. So, I had breakfast with G-Mom, Maya and Aunt Maryrose, and then went to Sam’s nursing home to spread Christmas excitement to the elderly.
| The family + Maya at Sam's nursing home |
I was able to venture out to good ‘ole Lancaster after the relaxing effects of too many cookies from Mom. I saw some wonderful Millersville friends! For some reason Michelle looked different, I think only because I hadn’t seen her in so long. New Years was fantastic! Shout-out to Kerri and Greg for hosting all of your crazy friends in your new apartment. We stayed awake all the way to 12:30! The next day I spent some quality time with Sarah and then we went to the townhouse/rowhome for more friend time before heading back south.
The trip north and the trip south were both quite eventful. Spending the entire day in a car can make four people kind of silly. The best parts of the trip north would have to be when we wrote a rap about the traffic outside of Richmond and Kenny’s mom making us lunch. The highlight of the trip back south would have to be when we “forgot” to pick up Jeremy in Hagerstown, MD. Driving down 81, we crossed the Maryland border and cheered. We were busy talking and finding some good music and all of the sudden we crossed the West Virginia border. We cheered! Then Kristen says, “Wait, we crossed into West Virginia and we don’t have Jeremy.” So I turned that car around and drove back a few miles to Jeremy’s exit. Oops.
Recently, CY has done some fun volunteer efforts, especially for the holidays. Before break we helped give Christmas presents to needy families, box up food for the elderly, and sort and box up nonperishable food with Harvest Hope. Yesterday, we played Bingo with the elderly in a mental health facility. We also brought the middle school kids and spent the earlier part of the day learning what it is like to have certain disabilities.
![]() |
| Kenny and I were in the local newspaper! |
Song of the Day: "Bringin' Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake (change the lyrics to "bringin' idealism back...")


No comments:
Post a Comment